How To Find you briggs Model Identification
Find Your Lawn Mower Engine Model Number
Lawn mower owners will need to know their small engine model number in to order to find your Briggs & Stratton manual and maintenance or repair parts. For push mowers, the lawn mower engine model number is generally the number stamped into metal directly on your engine. Some push mower engines come with a cover or "shroud". It should be noted that these covers come in a variety of colors, sizes and shapes.
If you have a push lawn mower powered by a Briggs & Stratton engine, your model number is in one of three locations.
- On the front of the engine directly above the spark plug
- On the front of the engine between the OHV symbol and the air cleaner
- Stamped on the sheet metal above the muffler, either on the right or left side
Find Your Utility Engine Model Number
For Briggs & Stratton utility engines, the mode numbers locations include:
- Stamped on the OHV rocker cover - check the rewind side and OPPOSITE side of the rewind
- Label on the fuel tank
- For small, late model utility engine: model numbers are stamped in metal near the spark plug
- Mid-sized late-model engines include a metal tag directly above rewind starter
How to Find Your Riding Mower Engine Model Number
Knowing the model number of your Briggs & Stratton® ride engine will make it easy to order maintenance or repair parts online or from your local dealer. The engine model number is the first 12 characters stamped into metal directly on your engine in one of two locations - on the valve cover or an aluminum tag. Watch this video to see how to locate this number on your piece of equipment.